The Sarasota Memorial Pain Management Program is committed to helping chronic- and acute-pain sufferers improve their quality of life. Whether you’ve been living with debilitating pain for years or pain from a recent accident is slowing you down, our multidisciplinary, multi-board-certified team of Pain Medicine experts can offer you relief using advanced interventional, surgical and nonsurgical treatments based on the latest medical research and technology.
Pain Management Program Highlights
- Personalized treatment plans: There is no one-size-fits-all fix for pain. Our team of Pain Medicine specialists will work with you and your referring physician to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to your medical needs and treatment goals to get you the relief you need. SMH is committed to a supportive, compassionate and patient-centered approach to pain care.
- Multi-disciplinary, collaborative care teams: Pain Management care teams comprise healthcare providers from multiple medical disciplines. Teams often include anesthesiologists, physiatrists, neurologists, specially trained nurses, psychologists, and emergency physicians, as well as doctors certified in Brain Injury Medicine, Neuromuscular Medicine and Spinal-cord Medicine. Continuous collaboration among these specialists and with your referring physician ensures optimal, comprehensive treatment and maximizes your treatment success.
- Board certified: The providers at Sarasota Memorial’s Pain Management Centers are board-certified in Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatry).
- Convenient access: Sarasota Memorial has four locations for Pain Care, spanning Sarasota County from north to south: Heritage Harbour, the Heart and Vascular Services building on the main Sarasota Memorial Hospital campus, the Health Care Center at Clark Road, and Blackburn Point.
- Full continuum of care: Sarasota Memorial offers the region’s widest range of pain management services and solutions—from evaluation and diagnosis to therapy, anesthesia-based procedures, image-guided interventions and physical rehabilitation. Available therapies range from traditional treatments and medications to opioid alternatives and interventional procedures; these include: Botox injections, discograms, epidural patches, pain blockers, spinal-cord stimulator implants, spinal infusion pumps, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, disc compression and many others.
Who Can Benefit from Pain Care Services?
You don’t have to live with debilitating pain. Sarasota Memorial’s Pain Management program can offer relief from acute or chronic pain related to a variety of medical conditions, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Auto accident injuries
- Back and neck pain (including spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease)
- Cancer pain
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Foot pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Lower back pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pelvic pain
- Shoulder pain
- Spinal-cord injuries and spinal-compression fractures
- Work-related injuries
Call 941-917-4500 to obtain more information, schedule an appointment with an SMH Pain Management specialist, or get assistance with a physician referral.